Saturday, August 20, 2005

Farewell my dearest Helen

Farewell Helen

Helen, the caretaker of my house for 14 long years.
Since i started schooling, you became my alarm clock, cook and friend.
Without you, i wouldn't have enjoyed my home-cooked chicken rice and laksa.
Not forgetting soya bean milk, fish head curry and nasi lemak. *yum yum*
Or the simple delights of filippino deserts like my fav sweet rice thing.
Now that you are 1 street away, how much i miss you:(

Gone are the times when you would watch Korean shows with me and ask me what's happening.
Or times when an advertisement brings a smile to me, but thundering laughter from you.
Plus moments when i couldn't even hear the tv cos you were shouting on the phone.
Total silence is what fills the house today.
I miss that same noise which i used to complain about.

Though i hate to see you leave, there's nothing much i can really do.
I hope you are happy in your new place, and that the 2 rabbits there keep you company.
I will drop you a msg or pop by whenever i am free ya.
We all love and will miss you dearly.
Thank you for everything, Helen.




Aftermath
Now everyone has different roles. I am assigned to be the so very important rice cooker and letter box opener. And papa is the ironing man!!!!

Anyway, mom really proved to me how tough it was to be without Helen in the house. She took leave on Tuesday (day after Helen left), and started getting busy with the household chores. From sweeping the floor to washing the clothes, preparing lunch and vacumming, she did not take a single break.

After vacumming the floor, she continued to mop the floor. Then later, i heard lots of laughter and screams of my name. Why?
Cos thanks to her, the mop became a midget:(


Good job mom!! and NO, she didn't just stop there.. She carried on tirelessly.

Don't take it too hard on yourself, mama dear. It isn't a bad change. It's just something that needs time to adapt to. I'm sure we will definitely be able to get through this as a family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home